Thursday 3 October 2013

Introduction

gurur brahmA - gurur vishnu - gurur dEvO - mahESwarah
guru ssAkShaat parabrahma - tasmai Sree guravE namaha...

My parama guru and vaayuleena guru - Sri Ivaturi Vijayeswara Rao garu


My Guru and mother - Smt. Manda Sudharani


As per Tradition, 
I start this feature with noble pranams to my gurus.

Carnatic Music is the system of music which is mostly commonly associated with the Southern part of India, conclusive of the states Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Kerala & Karnataka. 

There are several composers who composed geethams, swara pallavis, swara jathis, varNaMs, kirtanAs, kRitis, taraMgams, javalis, tillAnas, padams, etc.

But, there are 3 main composers who are known as the Trinity of Carnatic Music. They are not only composers but they were great upaasakAs of God, through music.

   Deekshitar                 Tyagaraja                  Syama Sastry
    Deekshitar                        Tyagaraja                        Syama Sastri


Carnatic music is not for entertainment, but it means Salvation, Solution and Surrender.
It is the best way to feel God and make others feel the same. 

My heart full gratitude to my gurus, who taught me the 'saMskaara' to understand this.

My salute to the tradition, the rich heritage and the great composers.


No comments:

Post a Comment